Calling all tech aficionados, super users, and computer newbies!
In our modern digital age, it’s no longer considered “nerdy” to be fascinated by computers and technology. In fact, nerd culture is considered the height of cool, and techies are lauded and highly sought out for their knowledge and expertise. We all use computers in some way, shape, or form, so why not become better acquainted with your computer? In this course, we’ll peel back the layers and show you what’s behind the scenes of your machine.
Learn how to build your own computer in this online course
Learning how to build a computer not only gives you the steps to physically build a unit, but it will also give you a better understanding and appreciation for how your computer functions. We’ll give you a crash course in computer lingo and explain all the terms you’ve always heard about – RAM, CPU, Graphics Card, etc. and show you why they’re important. We’ll also advise you on the parts and accessories you should be using to get the most from your machine.
Whether you’re dissatisfied with floor models and want to build a custom unit, or just want to know how your computer works, this course is perfect for the computer-curious individual who wants to learn more about their technology.
In this course we will teach you:
- The mechanics behind your computer screen – how all the parts come together to make your computer work
- An intro to operating systems and computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.)
- The components and parts inside AND outside a computer, and what function they service
- A crash course in Motherboards, CPU, Memory, Storage and Graphics
- How to select components and parts to meet your needs and budget
- How to build your own computer, including tools, supplies, and safety tips
- To test your new machine and get it ready to use
Whether you’re already computer literate or are starting from scratch, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to better interact with, and make use of, your personal computer. Once you know how they work, it’s easy to figure the rest out!
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.