Organisations and individuals are often judged by the quality of letters, reports and other correspondence they produce. Persons who possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, achieve greater respect and are more likely to succeed and progress, than those who lack this skill. This workshop focuses on the essential skill of business writing and its legal implications. The importance of this skill is often not fully understood and the problems posed by poorly written business letters, reports and other correspondence, are not realized.
The Effective Business Writing Skills Workshop is designed to provide the skills persons need to be able to write clear, well-structured, effective letters, e-mails, memos, bulletins, reports, and other business documents. It also explores some of the legal ramifications of business correspondence.
- Pitfalls in business writing
- Rules of punctuation
- Passive versus active construction
- Parallel construction
- Tips for better memo and letter writing
- Special kinds of business writing
- Persuasive writing
- The impact of personality types on writing styles
- Report writing
- Email etiquette
- How to choose the right tone for your business correspondence
- The use of technology in business writing
- The legal implications of business correspondence
This is a highly interactive workshop. Participants will be exposed to a range of practical exercises and lecture presentations.